The premium clothing brand Stutterheim Raincoats was founded in 2010 by Alexander Stutterheim. Since then, thousands of retailers are selling the famous raincoats, among them Barney’s in NYC.
– We have been working with PR from the start and social media has been a big part of it since the beginning. Instagram is the biggest channel for us, where we encourage people to share pictures with Stutterheim Raincoats, that we repost on our website, says Philip Nabseth, E-Commerce Manager, Sutterheim Raincoats.
The respons to Stutterheim’s Instagram activity has been huge, and naturally their marketing department started asking themselves if there was any way to capitalize from the large engagement for the brand in social media.
– As soon as we realized that this probably could be used for more than just a way to show beautiful pictures on our website, we started looking for a company that could help us to integrate the Instagram feed on our product pages, and we found Flowbox.
Since Stutterheim Raincoats mainly only sells one product: a premium raincoat in a large variety of colors, the integration of the Instagram feed on the product pages with Flowbox has been both simple and effective.
– For example, when someone uploads an Instagram picture of our product Stockholm Black, it can easily be added to show up next to our professional product picture of Stockholm Black. This adds a new dimension to the experience with pictures that are alive and that show other customers’ experiences with our product, says Philip Nabseth.
In addition to this, with Flowbox, all the Instagram pictures uploaded with Stutterheim products are visible in a feed on the page, to give customers a better shopping experience.
The A/B-test said it all
– This all sounded really good to me, as E-Commerce Manager, but to see if it was really worth it, we crated an A/B-test, says Philip Nabseth.
The A/B-test, which went along for about 4 weeks with over 50 000 visitors, showed an 18 % increase in the conversion rate with Flowbox integrated on the website. It also showed that visitors stayed longer on the website.
– This gave us the information that we needed — it worked and it’s definitely worth it to have Flowbox integrated on the website. UGC (User Generated Content) makes it easier for the customer to make the decision to buy, thanks to the pictures from fellow customers and “normal people” showing the product, says Philip Nabseth.